- If run out of space due to Google Photos, you will no longer be able to upload photos or receive any new emails
- Open browser and go to https://photos.google.com
- In the upper right corner, confirm that you are logged in with your school email address (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- In the upper left side under the "Google Photos" logo, click "Photos"
- We want to begin the cleanup by removing all videos since these take up the most space
- In the Search window at the top, type "videos"
- Delete all videos except ones from the current school year
- Next, we want to delete older photos
- I would recommend deleting all photos except for the current year and the previous year (e.g. 2021, 2022)
- Selecting photos indiviaully or by date will give you the option of deleting them
- Clicking on the date will highlight all photos from that day
- To delete the selected photos, click the trash can icon in the upper right
- Photos in the Trash will be deleted automatically after 60 days
- Once the photos are in the Trash, they will no longer be counted against your storage amount
- Now that space has been freed up, you should be able to upload new albums and receive emails again
Article is closed for comments.