Dell Inspiron P69G Sound Driver
- You go into Control Panel -> System -> Device Manager.
- Device Manager will display the non working device
- Right click on that device
- choose Update Driver Software
- choose Browse my computer fro driver software
- Enter "c:\windows\winsxs" in the edit field named "search for driver software in this location".
- Please verify that this directory exists on your computer. If your windows directory is named or located somewhere else, replace c:\windows by whatever you have.
- Driver Update will search c:\windows\winsxs for the drivers there, this will take a while.
- Good news. This will also fix this issue for subsequent driver installations - at least on my computer.